Our privacy obligations
Job-a Job-a is governed by the Bhutan Information Communications and Media (BICMA) act and Social Media Policy of the Royal Government of Bhutan. 'Personal information’ means information stored as part of a database, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity can reasonably be ascertained, from the information collected and/or held by Job-a Job-a. We do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without permission. We review the policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time.
Personal information we collect and store
How we collect personal information
While using our services, you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This can be through our website, mobile application and telephone. We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details - username, password, profile picture.
- Contact Details - email address, phone number.
- Location Details - Current address, Permanent address.
- Identity Details - full name, proof of identity (CID), proof of address (e.g. utility bill)
Financial Information - bank account details, credit card details
User Generated Content - job descriptions, CV attachments, skills, user profiles, user reviews.
Other Information we collect
We may also store your payment information for transactions that happen with us for record for dispute settlement purposes in case of grievances in the future from the parties concerned. We also maintain records of all interactions we have with our users, including the services and customer support we have provided including interactions our users have initiated with our system such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button. Some of our services may collect your GPS coordinates if authorised from your device.
Other Information we may collect and/or process
- Metadata - IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, language settings, etc.
- Device Information - device identity, device type, etc.
- Location - GPS position.
- Actions - pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
Links to other sites
How we use personal information
The information we collect, store, and process are primarily used to provide services users have requested for. We may generally use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the services as requested by the users;
- to communicate to provide technical or other support;
- to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our services which may be of interest to you upon user’s consent
- to conduct analysis and research to improve our platform and services;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
We use computer algorithms to help users get the desired content by analysing user generated content and user activity. When can we disclose personal information, we may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary, to provide the service you have requested upon user’s consent;
- If we receive court orders, or other requests for information by law enforcement agencies;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law.
Accuracy of personal information
Users must share the correct personal Information with us to enable prompt services which include drawing contracts between users and related records of job transactions. Users with insufficient or inaccurate information that we believe is not legitimate shall be removed and blacklisted from our system to ensure security and reliability of our service. If any inappropriate post is brought to our attention, we shall reserve the right to take appropriate action, including, without limitation, terminating access to users who do not abide by these guidelines.